Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Some race updates from Suzuki race teams in the US....



Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe


Max Anstie continued his 2013 World MX2 pre-season training programme by fighting back from eighteenth position in Saturday's second round of AMA/ FIM World Supercross series at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona.

The nineteen year old Briton put in a promising practice and qualifying session, finishing sixth in his heat which placed him in the Main Event, held in front of a packed crowd of 50,109.




Max Anstie

Anstie had a good start on his RM-Z250 but was involved in an incident at the first corner, which forced him off the track and out of the running, but he recovered ground and charged back to take eleventh and hold eighth place in the series.

Max Anstie said:

"I got a real good gate drop in the Main Event, so it's a real pity I couldn't make it around the first corner cleanly. But it's part of racing too - the most important thing is that I feel at home on my RM-Z250 and with the people around me, who are all working hard! It's nice to see that things are improving each day so I'm looking forward to Anaheim 2!"


The Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe Team is now facing a busy couple of weeks. While Anstie is preparing for Anaheim 2, the rest of the team is preparing for their European pre season: Julien Lieber will race the Mantova Starcross in Italy, Le Touquet Beach Race in France and Hawkstone Park in the UK. Jeremy Seewer will race in Mantova and the last round of the Italian International Championship at Arco-di-Trento, while team youngsters Brian Hsu and Jorge Zaragoza will take more time to prepare themselves for the first races.      
 

'Red Plate'


Rockstar Energy Racing Suzuki's Davi Millsaps retained his AMA / FIM World Supercross 'Red Plate' with third place at Saturday night's second-round Phoenix Supercross in Arizona.

Millsaps, who stormed round one last week at Anaheim in California, took his RM-Z450 into third position in the 450 Main Event and holds the series lead on forty-five points; six ahead of Honda's Justin Barcia, who won the twenty lap Main Event in front of more than 50,000 fans at the Chase Field Stadium.


Davi Millsaps

Millsaps said:  

"For how bad the day was, coming out establishing a third was good. If I can make these days my worst and my best days last weekend, I'll be good."

Throughout practice, Millsaps was not as comfortable as he had been the previous weekend in California. As the gate dropped for his heat race, he put the day's events behind him and finished a solid second, giving him a good gate-pick going into the Main Event.

As the group exited turn one in the evening finale's twenty lap Main, Millsaps missed the holeshot by a mere few inches, but he fought hard the entire race and continued to pursue the leaders.

In the 250cc West Coast class, Ryan Sipes had a good start in his heat and rode to a strong third-placed finish. Then after a bad start in the Main Event, he worked his way back up to fourth position and eventually finished seventh. Now sitting fourth in overall points, Sipes is going into the next round hungry for a podium.

Sipes said:

"Sort of a bummer, but I felt like I rode well. Working my way up and passing guys and I got Cole Seely for fourth with two laps to go. I felt like I needed to guard my line and that let him come up and get close. Then we hit in the corner and I was forced to case the double and get passed by a couple more guys. I went from fourth to seventh in a two straights, but like I said, I rode well and all we can do is come in ready for next weekend."

Jason Anderson looked great all day in practice and was poised for another impressive evening, but in turn one of his heat race, Anderson was clipped and ejected from his bike. Luckily he was unharmed but was unable to make up the lost time and was forced into the Last Chance Qualifier. A slight mistake in the LCQ kept him from qualifying for the Main Event, but he heads into round three this coming weekend, strong and determined.

Jason Anderson

Anderson said:

"A rough weekend, had a crash in the heat; and then I wound-up endoing in the LCQ all by myself, so not a good night. For sure we'll improve on that next week and hopefully be on the box."


 

 

Stewart rides out knee injury at Phoenix


James Stewart, riding for Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing, continued to demonstrate his get up and go, by quickly recovering after last week's knee injury, to put in an impressive performance at round two of the AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday night.


James Stewart

Despite playing-it cautiously to prevent further damage to his knee, which he hurt at last weekend's opening round in Anaheim, the twenty-seven year old raced to seventh place in the 450 Supercross class Main Event in front of a crowd of more than 50,000.

 

 Fastest qualifier


Stewart started the weekend by once-again setting the fastest qualifying time in the day's practice sessions. By the start of the evening programme, he was more than ready to race: In his heat race, Stewart, on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450, led all eight laps to victory. In the twentieth lap Main Event, he struggled at the start but quickly settled into a comfortable spot in the top ten, holding off an increasingly aggressive challenge, and rode a smart, instinctive race.

Stewart Said :

"Round two was a little bit better than round one. My knee was sore but I was able to deal with it in the Main Event. I got a bad start, but I was able to pass a couple of people and then I did what I did last week; I just stayed there. I'm happy we got out of Phoenix without damaging anything and I felt a little stronger than I did last week. We have a couple of things to work on, but the Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 was awesome. In both Main Events this year, it's been phenomenal. Unfortunately, I'm just not riding up-to-par right now. One reason is because of the injury, but the other is I that just need to let it hang-out there a little more. I can feel that I'm getting stronger, so we'll be better next week, for sure."

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing returns to Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California for the second time this year for the third round of the 2013 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship next Saturday, January 19th.


Wemoto

No comments:

Post a Comment