Monday, 26 November 2012

Dan Kneen at Macau

Manx man Dan Kneen made his second visit to the Macau Grand Prix last week and acquitted himself impressively coming in ninth, only beaten by seasoned Macau veterans on the tough 3.8 mile Guia street circuit.
Says Dan:
“I've really enjoyed my return to Macau and having arrived nice and early, I was able to relax and ease my way into the meeting,”

Rain stops play


Dan was consistently in the top fifteen in practice on his Marks Bloom Suzuki sponsored by Wemoto and shaved five seconds off his lap time qualifying. 

Saturday saw him making a good start, swiftly moving up to eighth position, but the race was only a lap in, when the rain started to fall and the race had to be pulled - rain - ah something we are getting used to everywhere in the world this year!

Early dawning Sunday morning

 

Twenty -four hours later, on Sunday,  the racers set off again for a ten lap race and Dan Kneen had a solid and mainly uneventful race, circulating a couple of seconds behind Jimmy Storrar,  but remaining well clear of James Hillier who was placed tenth at the end of the race. Dan ended the race coming in a very respectable ninth.




Dan's strong performance on Sunday has given him confidence for next year and he believes that he can come in the top six next year now that he has more experience of the course, saying:

“The lap times were good and I was running a good pace and ahead of quite a few riders with a lot more experience than me while the ones ahead were all top runners."
"on Sunday and I just had a nice, steady race keeping it all nice and smooth,”





“There were some top lads in front of me and they were just that bit quicker than me, utilising their experience, but I’m sure with a bit more work to the bike and another year under my belt, the top six will be within reach in 2013.”
The race victory went to Michael Rutter with Martin Jessopp second and Simon Andrews third, but it was nice to see Dan having such a confident and comfortable race - looking forward to seeing what he can achieve next year! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment